- Made in Breda, Catalonia the most famous town in Spain for terracotta
- Make the perfect Crema Catalana (The Spanish version of crème brûlée )
- Includes caramelising "iron"
- Use from Oven-to-table
- Suitable for Oven & microwave*
- Dishwasher & Freezer safe*
- Lead-free food-safe glaze
Crema Catalana is essentially the same as crème brûlée. However, rather than serving it in a ramekin, it is served in a shallow terracotta cazuela. This allows more room for the delicious caramel topping.
This set comprises of 6 - 11.5cm terracotta dishes with their classic coloured glaze. Also included is a caramelising iron to create the essential crisp topping. After the crema catalanas have been cooked they are then sprinkled with sugar. The iron is heated until very, very hot over a gas hob, or on an electric or induction plate. It is then pressed gently into the sugar for a few seconds to create an even caramel.
The set comes boxed with multilingual instructions, so will also make a great gift whatever the time of year.
Our range of terracotta cazuelas come from Breda, probably the most famous town in Spain for terracotta dishes. Terracotta dishes have been made here since Roman times due to the exceptional quality of the local deposits of clay.
Due to the nature of terracotta most dishes will have minor imperfections, and they will never look factory made. We will never dispatch any dishes that are faulty or with very obvious imperfections.
The glaze on the cazuelas is lead-free and all the cazuelas are able to be used in the oven or microwave.
* As you will be cooking with these dishes, please see our Terracotta Care Guide for instructions on how to first prepare your dish.
* Please check carefully that this is the correct size for your needs, as due to the fragility of terracotta, we cannot accept returns under any circumstances.